• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't some people really get your blood boiling

14 posts in this topic

rantrant

Was i wrong to lose my rag with this buyer on ebay .. after waiting about 10 days for payment from this USA buyer i got these emails one after another and it got my blood boiling as i found them obnoxious.. or was i being to sensitive.. i pride myself on accurate scans of the coins i am selling.. not blurry photos to cover up blemishes on the coins..

The mails below were all sent one after another by the buyer i answered them as soon as i went online but it seems that i was expected to answer them as soon as they were sent rantrant

well that's enough ranting .. thanks for letting me vent my spleen here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220221557649&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=012

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220221559073&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=012

Buyes email

i received this coin today.the coin has a large cut on liberties face.this cut was not shown on the photograph.the coin is only worth 8 pounds.please reply

Mine back

The coin in the scan shows every detail of the coin you received.. It was also stated that you were to make up "your own mind as to the grade of the coin" I am not a grader as stated What were you expecting a ms-65 + coin for $40 ?? .. i have also taken offence with your "demands" with your emails you could ask civilly and you will be answered civilly.. a thank you for sending the item would have gone a long way

Buyers

this coin has been cleaned hurting its value.the coin is worth 8 pounds

Mine

This coin has never been cleaned since in my possession which professional grading service has declared it cleaned NGC ? PCGS ? What type of cleaning do they say it has received Acetone, Whizzing, dipping ?? you are being very vague with your descriptions.. If you were not happy with the coin that is all you have to say about it as for your $16 price tag that is your opinion of the retail? price in the USA i can quote book prices and prices for them at my local coin shop in the UK for Morgans and they will all be different.. i will buy as many as you can send me in the condition of the coin you received form me for your stated $16 and after VAM ing them sell them for scrap or to my coin shop..

Buyers

i need to either return the coins to you for a full refund or keep the coins and get a partial refund of 20 pounds.please reply or i must file a claim against you with paypal

Mine

Send them back for a full refund that is my stated policy

:mad: waiting for is responses now !!! :censored:

The buyer sounds like he had buyer's remorse, but you also come across as being overly defensive, in my opinion. If I were in your position I would simply have told the buyer to return the coin or coins for a full refund and would not have engaged in further discussion. Under no circumstances would I give a partial refund.

A few (actually, several) points:

1) 10 days doesn't seem like a particularly long time for the payment to arrive. Perhaps you had a (premature) chip on your shoulder when you received his emails?

2) His first email made reference to "a large cut" which did not appear in your images. You never addressed that, but instead, talked about grading, something he didn't actually complain about. If I were the buyer I might be a bit miffed by your reply.

3) I don't know if either coin has been cleaned or not, but in your response, you seemed to focus only on a TPG opinion concerning cleaning. Plenty of people other than professional graders are able to determine whether a coin has been cleaned. You also sounded defensive.

4) You were allowing a return anyway. So perhaps, if anything at all, you might have simply stated that you were sorry he was disappointed, you try to image your coins accurately, to your knowledge they were not cleaned and that they were worth more than $16 each in your opinion.

5) By the way, with silver at roughly $17/ounce recently, I'm not convinced they are worth more than $16 each.

6) I agree that it's better to give a full refund than a partial credit.

7) Short version - you overreacted, and he might be just as upset as you are ;)

4) You were allowing a return anyway. So perhaps, if anything at all, you might have simply stated that you were sorry he was disappointed, you try to image your coins accurately, to your knowledge they were not cleaned and that they were worth more than $16 each in your opinion.

This would be the diplomatic thing to do however dishing out a healthy arse whoopin' to the man would be more satisfying. :cool:

It sounds like the deal wound up where it should have been from the start. I feel I would've just ask the buyer to return the coins if he was not happy and a full refund would be given. Done and Over!

i got these emails one after another and it got my blood boiling as i found them obnoxious.. or was i being to sensitive..

Bingo!

Had a similar circumstance ... my response was

"My Feed back is 1800 and yours is 123 so I Understand your hesitation. You will get your money back if you send the coin back - sending the coin back will cost you $2.95 first class with signature confirmation - I also will refund that. I suggest you do that if you are not satisfied - it is the way business is done.

There was no tricks in photography as I use professional OTT lamps with a copy stand. Some coins portray PL surfaces better than others .. this is a PL a coin in my opinion.

With Regards"

To the point and willing to pay shipping both ways ... Yhe way it probably should have been handle again in my opinion

Dooly---->rant.gif

There may have been buyers remorse involved but I also think that a case of sellers remorse kicked in when you got a weenie buyer.

Those "you can never can satisfy" buyers are a dime a dozen on the internet...they come out of the woodwork and seem to target you at times.

Next time, breath deep...just respond with simple response and move onto the next good buyer.

~Woody~

Thanks for the comments Mark..

just to clarify a few of what points you made

A few (actually, several) points:

1) 10 days doesn't seem like a particularly long time for the payment to arrive. Perhaps you had a (premature) chip on your shoulder when you received his emails?

10 Days is a long time when you are payed paypal and no response from the buyer from sending the email after the sale

2) His first email made reference to "a large cut" which did not appear in your images. You never addressed that, but instead, talked about grading, something he didn't actually complain about. If I were the buyer I might be a bit miffed by your reply.

the scan shows this" Minor" rub on the scan and was not hidden.. but was no way a Large cut.. ps at the time i wanted him to be a bit miffed (: [/color]

3) I don't know if either coin has been cleaned or not, but in your response, you seemed to focus only on a TPG opinion concerning cleaning. Plenty of people other than professional graders are able to determine whether a coin has been cleaned. You also sounded defensive.

You are right mark (thumbs u but i also looked hard at this coin and saw no signs of cleaning or retoning. i mentioned the TPG's so that they understood i am not a greenhorn so they could not pull the wool over my eyes [/color]

Yes you are also correct in your point hear mark. But i am sick and tired of saying sorry to people because they are disopointed / wanted more for there low price. when if i make a mistake i take it on the chin and learn from it.. [/color]

5) By the way, with silver at roughly $17/ounce recently, I'm not convinced they are worth more than $16 each.

THEY ARE NOT SCRAP COINS !!!!!! i am sick and tired of people quoting scrap prices, Holed, warn flat, cut coins are scrap.. a nice condition coin should always be worth a premium over the current rate of silver or we should all be bullion dealers not coin collectors rantrant [/color]

6) I agree that it's better to give a full refund than a partial credit.

(thumbs u Always do ! [/color]

7) Short version - you overreacted, and he might be just as upset as you are ;)

Thanks for the comments again mark i can always relay on you to put a good point forward..

He has emailed me back about the coins and was very pleasant and sensible this time and the coins are on there way back to me..

Am i sorry for what i said "yes a little" am i glad that i am now being spoken to like a Human again YES.. and i think that's the point !!!!!!

dooly :devil:

He has emailed me back about the coins and was very pleasant and sensible this time and the coins are on there way back to me..

Am i sorry for what i said "yes a little" am i glad that i am now being spoken to like a Human again YES.. and i think that's the point !!!!!!

dooly :devil:

That sounds like a fine ending, under the circumstances. And I'm glad to see you're feeling better. :devil: