• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1970 S DDO Lincoln FS29 - the big one

4 posts in this topic

i've asked about this coin at 2 different lincoln forums.. just not enough traffic.

70obv.jpg

any idea as to about how many exist? i'm researching this one, i want to know more

PCGS has 22 slabbed i think (12/06), 10/07 doesnt include it at all

NGC has slabbed 6

ANACS -7

ICG - ?

third rarest lincoln apparently.. behind the 58, and 69S ddo's

here's one that just sold today for $1500..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250237746262&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

b622_1.JPG

the big pic above is the coin in that auction i got after the auction.

overall this variety doesn't seem to be a 'monster' (besides UNC's) but i could see it becoming one? 5 figure range.. if it became a little more 'famous'. definitley a sstopperr though.

anyone know this coin..? what do you think of that auction?

i see u like pennies, me tooo :luhv: i dont know much about her, but 1500 seems like a steal. very unique in my book. anyone with info chime in as im very interested also :grin:

' While I don't have a solid count on these, I would estimate that no more than two dozen of these are known in any grade.

I suspect that this die failed at that die crack very early on in the die run, after only a couple dozen pieces were struck. '

here's a little info i've got.. there's more at the lincoln forums about it. my new favorite coin..