• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capped Bust Halves

14 posts in this topic

Learn to do it yourself. Bottom of my signature takes you to coinzip. Find the CBH thread and go to 1827, and go through all the pics to match up what you have. Its fun, you'll c!

I have it narrowed down to what I believe it could be either the 145 or the 132. For the 145 I am not seeing the spike by the breast. For the 132 I am not seeing the die line in the headband :frustrated:

Your 1827 isn't either of your guesses. I'll let you continue to stew awhile. :devil:

Your 1832 is either 105 or 117 (Both share the same reverse.) From the looks of the date I would say 105.(85% sure)

Edit to add: No, not the 121, either. (Although, it looks very much like it.)

Looked again and you are right. It is 1833. O-104. See there, that's why everyone should ALWAYS check and recheck their attributions before one embarasses himself.

Harvey, a few reverse pick-up points which aren't listed in the book. (This goes for all dates, not just the 1827.) Check out where the scroll starts as compared to ED and ends at AM. Check where the upright on the 5 points at the eagle's claw. Note where the olive branch ends in relation to the C in 50 C.

Other people do it differently, but I personally have always found it easier to ID the reverse die and then figure out which obverse it was paired with.

Jim

I agree with Jim. I find the obverses too confounding, usually, to start with, unless there is a hallmark to look for that will designate the die marriage. The reverse is a little more concise.