• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!jesferfun

4 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the contest Schatzyjr offered, so I came up with one of my own. For the First five winners of this contest, each will win a 2005 Statehood quarter(different) still sealed in its mint package(although cut out). The first five MOST accurate answers will win, and as its my game, that decision will be final. lol

To keep from tying up the forum-just pm me your answers. I will announce the answers and winners Monday evening after 7pm. Good Luck and ENJOY!!!!

1. Exactly why does your hands sometimes have a strong metallic odor after handling certain coins?

2. What happened and where in Russia did it happen in 1940 that gives the phrase "when it rains it pours" new meaning?

3. What new coin will come out with two different depictions on separate issues and be the only one of this series to have two and why?

4. What 'crazy' thing happened in 1989 that gives the phrase "The buck stops here" a whole new meaning?

5. Only two coins of an unfinished series of coins depict food on them-which

two coins and what are the foods? EDITED TO ADD: There were actually more than two coins, but you only need to answer two(sorry).