• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1958 Double Mint Set Large pictures

10 posts in this topic

Are these original sets dwaine? What I mean is, did both come in the same package? They have some nice toning going on. I'm not sure if finding 58' mint sets in uncirculated condition would be an easy task. Nice coins dwaine!

I will post exactly what I wrote on the PCGS boards-

They all look MS and I believe they are the original coins that came with the set. The toning seen on these is often found on the late-date sets, but the toning on this set is less intense than seen on some sets. I would guess this set sat in a cool and dry environment for a period of time and this served to slow down the toning. The only odd thing about this set is that the coins might have been popped out at one time because I cannot recall ever seeing a set with the coins matched so well in terms of orientation.

Thanks for all the comments as I wasn't sure if they were all orignal or not. Some of them are a little more beat up but I do believe they are all MS coins.

Thanks, one thing to remember is that the pictures are all seperate coins, I did not remove coins to take pictures of both sides.

Thats what concerned me about the set also - Some coins exhibit great ORIGINAL features BUT the Nickel and DIME do not look like they belong ...