• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what should i do with this beaker?

7 posts in this topic

here is the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200211977264&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=010

i am thinking to remove the coin from the beaker.

before i am doing that, i want to know if this coin is gradable.

first, this coin is not fixed in the glass, and actually slides around, which makes the edge and rim of the coin looks like polished (look like mirror).

i am wondering if ngc will grade this coin or ngc will considered it as improperly cleaned. ANY Help will be appreciated. thanks

I can't tell much from the images, but if the coin has been sliding around in there since 1836, there is a good possibility that it has rubbed enough to grade no higher than AU. Also there is the chance that the coin might be damaged in the removal process. Add to that the chance of destroying a 172 year old vase, and I would have to say that there is no way that I would try to remove that coin.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :hi:

The vase looks late Victorian to me (shrug) there is no pontial to the base which would make it a questionable authenticity on the vase. also the heat involved with blowing this item would make me question how untouched the coin would be !!!

I have nothing to say other than the title of this post is one of the more odd titles I've ever seen. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but that's an interesting coin/beaker and I wish you good luck...Mike