• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

has anyone bought from this online dealer (HJB)?

12 posts in this topic

I have bought 10 or so coins from HJB since I was introduced to them by a forum member and have not been dissatisfied with any purchase yet. HJB is very up front about their coins with good photos and notating any flaws. They do tend to list many coins previously cleaned-so be sure to read their notations before you buy. Good luck with your purchase.

Jim

I have purchased a number of coins from HJB both in the US and World Coin sections. The coins are accurately graded, fair priced and any problems are duly noted. Service is quick and efficient. Highly recommended.

Cheers bucs0981

I did not know about this dealer and had a look and found this

us35683a.jpg

us35683b.jpg

1847 N1 strong repunched date large cent variety for only $25 WOW :cloud9: it looks like it is the Rare Uncracked reverse .. i missed one in eBay UK a couple of days ago which sold for £68/ $136 in about the same grade.

now i feel guilty as they did not list its variety ? should i have informed them if they are "good guy's" in the forum members eyes ?

cheers for the heads up bucs0981

dooly the Daft Englishman

I have not bought anything from them but would consider doing so if their prices were lower. On a very infrequent occasion, they have had something I collect but I thought their prices were too high. However, that might not be true for the inventory that they carry that I do not collect.

Yeah, I bought my very first bust half from them, and was extremely happy. I just recently bought a second one that was cleaned and they didn't mention it, so I am in the process of contacting them to return it. Normally their cleaned material is clearly described. Being out in the middle of the ocean doesn't make matters easier, but I am not anticipating any major problems based on their reputation.