• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1834 Bust Half

6 posts in this topic

Recent E-Bay Purchase

Any feedback on Grade and approx price would be appreciated. It appears to have been cleaned. Does this diminish the coin in any way??

Steve

100_1918_Edit_1.jpg

100_1919_Edit_1.jpg

Well, it depends on what you mean by "diminish". If you mean value, cleaning for the most part does diminish value but of course, there are exceptions. If you mean does it make it less collectable without consideration for "value", than I would have to say no. I have several cleaned coins in my type set that I am very fond of...couldn't afford better but that doesn't make them any less welcome in my set. I used to be much more hardcore about cleaning, but now, if it's a difference between having a cleaned coin or no coin because of budget, I'll take cleaned.

As far as grade, I would go VF 30. Price, I'll let the experts debate that one...but I would estimate around $80-$90

RI AL