• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some may know but I am pretty well done ....

62 posts in this topic

I don think they should down grade a coin with out the approval from the owner first.

If I send in a coin for a re holder and someone decides that the coin was not graded properly they better contact me before they put it in a holder with a lower grade. I would take the down grade if I was compensated fairly for it.

Look at the attached picture of this Indian Head cent I have . I am not sure what it looked like when it was slabbed 10 plus years ago but many would say it is RB and not Red. In my opinion it has very attractive toning and looks great in hand. I was going to send it to NGC for a re holder but was advised against it because they might downgrade it without my approval.

I bid on that coin when Anaconda went out of business. My bid was lowball, but the coin isn't RD. If I remember correctly, Brandon had a price tag of $1,000 on it on the ARC site.

Yes Leigh this was the Annaconda coin . Cac did not think it was red, and neither did some other knowledgeable people. However the coin has a fantastic color and tone, so it would get a premium well over a RB price anyway .

It must have been reholdered recently then because thats a very recent holder. And, if so, then it was examined recently, and i wouldnt expect a problem. Did NGC actually say the coin was problematic?

I spoke to NGC and said that I thought the coin might actually be RB and not RD.

They told me the guarantee had expired.