• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Say something nice about an NGC forum member.

62 posts in this topic

You gotta respect Mark Feld. That man is always bold and says what he means to say and will always call a spade a spade.

What I appreciate most about Victor is the way he would talk with my Mom on the phone, for what seems like forever, whenever I was too busy to talk. Mom always enjoyed talking to him. Thanks, Victor!

What I like about Shane is the fact that he never minded racking all the time at the poolroom.

What I like about Bob (Supertooth) is his down-home honesty, sincerity and hospitality.

There are many others, but I'll let others have a chance to "chime in".

Chris

rbrown4

Rey never jumped to his own conclusions about this hobby, but instead listened, learned and heeded advice given to him out of sincerity. To many people accept advice here but then swap out that sound information with unreliable sources.

:hi: Rey

i'd like to say everyone here is awsome, no matter there field. every1 is always letting me know when i have done good,done bad,found a awsome find...... and no matter the person (some tuffer than others) they all help!

it is not just one person that makes a comunity! it is all together. and thats what we have here. a comuntiy :)

and i for one am happy to be part of it.

BillJones was trying to help me out with locating and purchasing some coins. Even without knowing me very well. Thanks Bill. Unfortunately I got tied up with some non coin related things and left him hangin. Sorry Bill.

I got to meet Mark a few months ago for the first time. I really wish we would have had more time to chat!

I love the fact that Mark speaks his mind, and can dish it out as well as he takes it! It's a good thing for people, and especially coin collectors, to be able to have and express their opinions and emotions.

Really, there are no board members that I don't have a lot of respect for, and more than a few nice things to say about.

Just one of my favorite forum members:

I like TomB because his posts are always respectful and well-reasoned. I don't think I've ever seen (or noticed) him losing his cool. Plus, it was a pleasure to work with him when he sold me my type washington quarter.

I love the way Bsshog always has something nice to say about posted coins. We can always count on him for some big-brother-like encouragement!

I respect so many of our members of this community, it is very difficult to identify only one or a few. As Ant indicated we have a wonderful community here full of various gracious and knowledgable folks. I owe what I have been able to learn to everyone in these forums. But I would like to especially thank Bsshog and Irvin for being so supportive with the hobby and personal life, Woody for his knowledge and experience and willingness to help no matter what, TomB for his common sense approach and assistance with many questions, Bob Supertooth for unbelievable support and advice, James Early US for his knowledge and assistance as well, Sy for some much needed Franklin help and opinions, Chris for being a fellow "medal" guy and such an inspiration. And of course Bruce Lee for his Washington Knowledge and imaging, Mark Feld who is direct, upfront and straightforward.

Again it is difficult to single out any one or a few members, thank you to all of you and here is to many more postive experiences.

Rey

I've only been here a couple years and I have grown to be friends with so many. I can thank many of you for advice, knowledge, and purchases. Bruce was the first person I ever met in person and it was a pleasure. I have learned so much from Mark, Conder, Bob, Robert, Lee, Woody, Greg, Tom, james, Chris and Mike. I have had the pleasure of seeing so many different collections of friends like, Rey, DJ, Irvin, Larry, Richard, Elbasaar, Chad, Ant, Victor, carl and Dwaine. As of this year alone, we have had more new members that have participated lately and brought more new life to this forum. I know there are others that have helped me along this journey we've all shared and I have appreciated all that participate here. I have yet to see anyone on this forum that has not given some sort of help or insight to questions I've asked or that have just posted topics of information that I didn't know. I thank the YN's that are here, Kevin, Micheal, and I know there are others and I apologize if your name hasn't popped up here. I am truly grateful for all of you and can be forgetful sometimes of all the who's here. It has been my pleasure being here since day 1.

Wow...I like a lot of folks....even the pool shark aka Chris...

Mark Feld goes without saying even though we have never met....we have talked a lot so I know he is a class act.

michael - crazy guy but I like his style and he says what he thinks which I don't mind a bit....

Skyman - Sy is top shelf and has always been there for me to talk too

Conder101 - He's my hero....loves the old slabs and put together a very useful reference for us plastic chasers....

Newmismatist -even though I don't see much of him around here......he is king of the toning weenies

harvey8542 - always positive and always looking to learn

leeg - Addicted to 1957 (birthyear) has a great eye for colorful eye appealing coins

Dena- she's like my soul mate only she has taste and is easily able to ignore my charms :devil:

TomB- Don't know Tom personally but I respect his contribution to this and the forum ATS immensley :foryou:

bsshog40 - always positive, feels like your talking to your cousin when you talk to him....good looking family....salt of the earth type guy and collector.

Bruceswar - good sense of humor....good coin photographer

EZ_E- I guess he's an ok guy zzz;)

winstonware - infectious enthusiasm for coins....always super pleasant...nice addition to the forum

IGWT - Lou has good taste in coins....loves the classics.....a real gentlemen though I have to use that term losely with him :screwy:

MikeInFL - Good Guy....a lot of knowledge about a lot of different coin types including CWT's which I happen to like :cloud9:

BOILER78 - I hate Mark but it's really a simple case of coin envy lol

Not a lot of interactions with these folks but I feel they are all positive regular contributors to the forum as well:

James_EarlyUS

dooly

physics-fan3.14

shirohniichan

jom

BillJones

Wihlborg

Hoot

tradedollarnut

rrantique

jgrinz

braddick

jtryka

WoodenJefferson

123cents

Dwaine

robec1347

ldhair

RGT

MBA101

Jazzy

I know I have missed a few but this list is getting long.......too many to list really (worship)

I think that my mentors, those I've always looked up to, are TomB, Hoot, Michael, bill Jones and Mike King (among many, many others). They are like the graduating class and I'm the freshman. :þ

I reckon Rexcat, LeeG, Sy and other like type collectors as my peers.

And I think that Chad, Monkeyman, is the most inspirational to me. He has an enviable type set with tremendous eye-appeal, all on a teenager's budget.

And I think that the smartest board member, even among all of the PHD's and millionaires, is the YN, Travis. He doesn't post much anymore but he PM's me all of the time with sometimes off the wall stuff but sometimes with very interesting material. He is an extremely intelligent individual.

Bobby is probably the most social of the group and is very likable as well.

Chris Machuga and Michael have been much more to me than just an acquantance to me, they've been real friends. Charlie has always been a good man towards me.

Mark Feld has done much to dispell a lot of my cynicism toward my fellow man along with most every board member here. I've usually encountered users in my life, those who just want to take and take with no concern towards what is right or wrong. It has been very refreshing to mingle with such a standup crowd!

Yet, everyone I have mentioned so far are as cow dung compared to Dena. :cloud9:

:grin:

Everyone on the NGC boards without exception (especially since Carson City is gone) are a great group of citizens. Thanks for always being there, guys! (thumbs u

I'd have to say the people I look up to most are EZ-E, GJDMSP (Sp? I met him in person at the coin show), Mark Feld and especially conder101 for their great patience in dealing with my worrying antics. If I were in their shoes I would have put stinkycheese1 on ignore user a long time ago. Chad aka munkyman is a great friend, YN. Mark Feld, it was nice talking to you at the coin show. I should've taken your advice you gave me at the show :P

I wanted to add. Everyone on this forum is a great bunch of friendly people. I thank everyone for putting up with me, I know it can be frusterating. There are many names I left otu but I can't remember all of them. TomB, for one is a great fellow, always helped me out. Woody always has enlightening posts to read, such as the one about karats and carrots lol

Wow...I like a lot of folks....even the pool shark aka Chris...

Mark Feld goes without saying even though we have never met....we have talked a lot so I know he is a class act.

michael - crazy guy but I like his style and he says what he thinks which I don't mind a bit....

Skyman - Sy is top shelf and has always been there for me to talk too

Conder101 - He's my hero....loves the old slabs and put together a very useful reference for us plastic chasers....

Newmismatist -even though I don't see much of him around here......he is king of the toning weenies

harvey8542 - always positive and always looking to learn

leeg - Addicted to 1957 (birthyear) has a great eye for colorful eye appealing coins

Dena- she's like my soul mate only she has taste and is easily able to ignore my charms :devil:

TomB- Don't know Tom personally but I respect his contribution to this and the forum ATS immensley :foryou:

bsshog40 - always positive, feels like your talking to your cousin when you talk to him....good looking family....salt of the earth type guy and collector.

Bruceswar - good sense of humor....good coin photographer

EZ_E- I guess he's an ok guy zzz;)

winstonware - infectious enthusiasm for coins....always super pleasant...nice addition to the forum

IGWT - Lou has good taste in coins....loves the classics.....a real gentlemen though I have to use that term losely with him :screwy:

MikeInFL - Good Guy....a lot of knowledge about a lot of different coin types including CWT's which I happen to like :cloud9:

BOILER78 - I hate Mark but it's really a simple case of coin envy lol

Not a lot of interactions with these folks but I feel they are all positive regular contributors to the forum as well:

James_EarlyUS

dooly

physics-fan3.14

shirohniichan

jom

BillJones

Wihlborg

Hoot

tradedollarnut

Ty

jgrinz

braddick

jtryka

WoodenJefferson

123cents

Dwaine

robec1347

ldhair

RGT

MBA101

Jazzy

Paul-Rexcat

Rey

Kevin

I know I have missed a few but this list is getting long.......too many to list really (worship)

Shane about sums it up, proud to be associated with every member here. and a hearty thanks to all who contribute to this great community. ^^

dirtydozen-1.jpg

What's so great about the NGC forum is that I can't say anything negative about any member. Everyone, for the most part, get along and there are so many great coins being shown and discussed each day by so many knowledgeable collectors.

I have learned so much from so many members that collect so many types of coins. The education has been priceless.

Thank you to each one of you.

Carl.

You guys are all great. I love learning from members like TomB, Conder101, and Mark Feld. I really enjoy chatting with Bobby, Shane, Victor, Ant, Dwaine, Harvey, and so many others.

Over all, this is just a great group of people! If I forgot your name, don't take it personally - I would list each and every one of you if I could.

Compared to ATS, this place is heaven, and ATS is purgatory.

Great post, Victor!!!

There are so many on this forum that truly are helpful and thank goodness most all were named, but two stick out in mind that have helped me-Mark and James.

Mark taught me a lot about patience before selecting or speaking out. Look at what you are buying and watch what you are saying. Both require patience.

James has utilized Mark's advice with me several times. I appreciate the time both have given me as I know they have given many others. They are a benefit to the hobby and most certainly to this forum. My Dansco 7070 has benefited greatly from James' trades with me and I enjoy his coins daily.

Bosshog is and has been a pleasure to deal with and speak with.

Many others have aided us all on this forum and they have already been named(for the most part) so I'll not waste bandwidth renaming them.

Thanks to all

Jim

I am reluctant to single out any particular individuals to say something nice about, for fear that I will leave out others who are equally deserving. But I will say that there is a great deal of knowledge, information, good humor and camaraderie here. And that due to every one's participation, this is a very comfortable and enjoyable place to converse.

I must also thank the folks who have made some very kind comments, and please know that it means a great deal to me.

Victor---- Great post, my friend.

Can't say enough about the folks here---or about our NGC hosts. For the most part we all seem to find a way to be 'mostly' congenial to one another.

The flow of information is exceptional. Even this old guy has learned a ton of stuff since I joined and decided to post. I owe my joining to Tom B's encouragement. I rarely join anything but he drew me out of the woodwork. Maybe he saw some value in doing that? I'll have to ask him.

Like most all of us, I have enjoyed my PM's with Mark Feld. Mark has a way of encouraging all of us by his total honesty--- and his love of coins.

I owe a thanks to a board member who doesn't post a whole lot---but is a great Walker person. He would be D.D. [ Dewayne]. We talk a lot but he recently found a wonderful 1935S Walker for me. It had been a coin that I had been looking for---for years. I would have NEVER seen the coin---as it was on a dealer site. Without Dewayne's encouragement---plus my son Dave's constant badgering---I probably still would NOT have my coins in a registry set.

Would like to thank Chris and Rey for their kind words. Would always offer my help to anyone here----just PM me. I try to tell it like it is----and I am pretty good with the Walkers. If any of you need advice about them, I will do my best to help you.

The list of other folks that I have talked to seems endless. To name them all would be impossible. I have enjoyed it. To all of you I wish Numismatic success both now and in the future. Bob [supertooth]

I am reluctant to single out any particular individuals to say something nice about, for fear that I will leave out others who are equally deserving.

Quite right, Mark. As I am having regrets for not mentioning Chris, who truly helped me out almost from the day I joined this forum. I am sure I have left out someone else and I apologize for that.

Thanks, again, to all of you, for as a mixture of ideas, tastes, recommendations, considerations, educations, environments and patience have come together on this forum to create an environment that allows one to grow in and understand the hobby we have chosen.

Jim

I think it would be unfair to single anyone in particular out but I give thanks to anyone who has provided input, comments, or answered questions on any of my threads. This place is a whole lot of fun and a great place to waste some time. (thumbs u

I am reluctant to single out any particular individuals to say something nice about, for fear that I will leave out others who are equally deserving.

Quite right, Mark. As I am having regrets for not mentioning Chris, who truly helped me out almost from the day I joined this forum. I am sure I have left out someone else and I apologize for that.

Thanks, again, to all of you, for as a mixture of ideas, tastes, recommendations, considerations, educations, environments and patience have come together on this forum to create an environment that allows one to grow in and understand the hobby we have chosen.

Jim

Jim, you don't have anything to regret. Yes, the list of good people on these boards is extensive, and they give their knowledge to help others without any thought for the accolades. It's simply because they love coins. When I posted my comments, I kept it brief just so others wouldn't feel like they were "following the lead" of others and they could post something original. Those that I didn't mention, I hope that you know what you have meant to me and the rest of the people on these boards.

However, there is one person I would like to add to my list because he tries so darned hard to make this hobby better. He doesn't post here too much lately, but Billy Crawford is a good man in my book.

Chris

I have been watching this post grow and thinking about it hm and weather it would be appropriate for me to make a comment being so new to the forum. and i would like to say that as a foreigner i have found ALL of you to be very excepting of me and my posts and my innate chatter..

i could not pick one person out as the star of my experience so i am picking

Munkyman (chad) as the first one of you lot who PM'd me and got me some great coins and books and sent them over the pond (thumbs u

Stinkycheese as the first one who i sent something over the pond to (thumbs u

Skippy (worship) the shield master

Conder 101 For putting up with me !! :acclaim:

Rbrown (rey) for helping me with the loss of my grandad (and the rest of you lot//You know who you are) <3

Woody for his general *P I S S* taking lol

and last but by no way least the photomaster himself and the creator of my avatar and the only person who i would trust with my rarest coin all the way in the USA .. You know who you are !! (worship)wcgm.jpg

wc10k.jpg

How many people would you trust with this kind of value that you have met in a forum on the Internet and thousands of miles away over the sea!!!

These are to name a few sorry i cannot list you all but thanks for all your opinions on my posts and keep them coming. that's what its about here !!

PS. since i started posting here i have only seen two people get banned from hear ! and heard of numerous from ATS .. i think that speaks volumes

dooly the daft Englishman :devil:

Yeah, I can't even begin to list all the good people here. I must say, though, that James and Mark have consistently been two of my favorite posters, with their depth of knowledge, experience, and honesty. Greg is always good for a contrarian or more controversial view, which I respect. Sy always has great coins to look at, and has given me advice on a couple I was looking at. Last but not least, I appreciate RI AL and Dooly keeping the darkside board alive, even if he is a daft Englishman ;) .

I like Michael's posts because he calls them like he sees them -- something I respect -- and don't want him to feel left out. :)

The same can be said for Greg, even if he is slightly evil. :devil::grin: