• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ooh I feel special! See inside for details

9 posts in this topic

congrat.gif

Serial Number: 12728613

Grading Service: PCGS

Description: 1877-S Dollars Trade VF20

Did CAC get it right? Decide for yourself.

1877STrade1PCGSVF20Crop.jpg

I'll end this by saying that I paid absolutely no premium for the CAC sticker. In fact, I bought the coin not knowing that it had been sent to CAC (but that's another story)

Narry a chop mark!

Wondering, did PCGS get it right in the first place...conservative grade for that puppy.

CAC probably would not have stickered it at VF-25 or VF-30...so they got it right by agreeing with PCGS. That was easy money for CAC.

From what I've seen out there over the years, this is a nice Trade Dollar for the grade assigned.

I've yet to be disappointed in your numismatic tastes, Chad. (thumbs u

Which one of you youngsters were like a bee in the hobby, buzzing about and never having any direction and took constructive feedback harshly. I forget who it was because that person does not exist anymore.

The YN's on these boards rock! :headbang:

Congrats. It is good to get others to agree/confirm your opinion of a coin, and I see nothing wrong with it at all, and quite a bit good about it...Mike

The real reason for this thread was to make you all aware that CAC does in fact have a database. Until 2 days ago, nobody knew if they were keeping track of the coins. Turns out they are!