• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My "Box of 21"...

5 posts in this topic

... and counting.

Maybe you all are "old hat" at listing stuff in the Registry sets but I struggled through it.

Honestly I don't care about what place I'm in or how many points I have. I did find that it is a neat way to "virtually organize" my sets into something easy to reference. I have pics (some not so great) of every coin and I'm waiting for someone to free up one of my coins so I can get it on my set of Commems.

I think I've shown you most of these but maybe not... I can't remember.

If anyone has the time or feels like it I would value any feedback on my sets. Is my "eye for coins" ok ? Do I buy "good for grade" stuff ? Should I raise my standards ?

I really would like to know what you think.

You can link to my sets below in my sigline.

Thanks all, I've learned a lot from all of you.

Richard

Just looked at your Commemorative set, and they all look like really nice coins to me. (thumbs u

I especially like the Isabella!!

... and counting.

Maybe you all are "old hat" at listing stuff in the Registry sets but I struggled through it.

Honestly I don't care about what place I'm in or how many points I have. I did find that it is a neat way to "virtually organize" my sets into something easy to reference. I have pics (some not so great) of every coin and I'm waiting for someone to free up one of my coins so I can get it on my set of Commems.

I think I've shown you most of these but maybe not... I can't remember.

If anyone has the time or feels like it I would value any feedback on my sets. Is my "eye for coins" ok ? Do I buy "good for grade" stuff ? Should I raise my standards ?

I really would like to know what you think.

You can link to my sets below in my sigline.

Thanks all, I've learned a lot from all of you.

Richard

I enjoyed looking through your set's. :) You've got some super coins in both set's. How can you not like the 3CS with the Eliasberg Pedigree and the 65BN copper piece is a beauty also. I would try and get the set evenly matched by eye appeal and/or grade as time and money allows. The Commem's all look very nice. You've come a long way grasshopper!! ;)

TR, very nice looking sets! :applause: Congratulations on putting them together, and good luck on finishing them off. There are too many nice ones to mention, so let's just say, you've got good taste! :popcorn:

That is an excellent group of coins. But, since you asked for honest opinions...

I don't care for your Boone. It looks like it has no original skin. All of the other commems look great.

Your seated dollar looks like it has been lightened too and I would keep looking for one with more originality. Good luck on finding one though. I really enjoyed looking at some of those 1853s, particularly the no arrows coins. (thumbs u