• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

numismatic scrapbook august 1936 for you bibliofiles

10 posts in this topic

I see it worked!

I want to see the early stuff, so please get back to work. :)

thanks mike for helping me learn how to shrink files (thumbs u

here goes just bob......... as you can see as then and even today in coins the same politics :D

Thanks, Michael. I see they were concerned about "the commemorative coin situation," as well - funny how history repeats itself.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The NSM was a terrific magazine that was published 1935-76, until it was absorbed into Coin World. I have a complete set at home in original covers, and NGC has a complete bound set here. I've used both repeatedly in doing research for my books, and these magazines are also just fun to pick up at random and take a trip back in time.

I'll second that endorsement for NSM. My set is about 75% complete and there is just a tremendous amount of scholarly material in those magazines that you just do not find elsewhere. (If all you are interested in is US material you don't need a full set. Better would be to get a copy of the index, not an easy accomplishment several of the numismatic lit dealers I talked to didn't even know it existed, and then just go for those issues that had the material you want.) I need to go through my set and make a list of exactly what I am missing so I can try and finish it out.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I was lucky to build more than half of my set from complete volumes and single issues offered during the ANA Summer Seminar's booksale at 50c to $1 per issue. The NSM doesn't turn up as often at the booksale as it used to, though one could still build a pretty good set of COINage or COINS magazines.

C101, for any remaining issues you need, you may want to contact Karl Moulton. He's the only numismatic literature dealer who routinely offers single issues. Most deal only in complete volumes or long runs of multiple volumes.