• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Magazines

9 posts in this topic

None of the ones I have read. I have yet to see a coin magazine that consistently has a lot of useful information. But I've only read the newstand issues plus the ANA Numismatist. The ANS magazine and ANA Journal are presumably better.

What about coin world??

Any feedback on this??

Since they spun off their Trends section to a seperate publication Coin World has disappeared from the local Barnes & Nobles. As a casual and only occasional reader I can't justify the cost of a subscription.

CoinAge does have some good articles but again it's hit and miss. I check them out in the magazine racks and buy only when there's something of interest.

I don't know what it means to "justify thr price". I have both the Print and Intnet subscription. Both of them are the sum total of $52.00 a year.That is less than $4.50 a month. The other day I got an E Mail about soem Digital improvement but haven't had time to read it thoroughly.

If I didn't receive it I would not have known about a VAM that I had on 1878 raw Morgan in a Dansco as well as some other information.

I don't know what it means to "justify thr price". I have both the Print and Intnet subscription. Both of them are the sum total of $52.00 a year.That is less than $4.50 a month. The other day I got an E Mail about soem Digital improvement but haven't had time to read it thoroughly.

If I didn't receive it I would not have known about a VAM that I had on 1878 raw Morgan in a Dansco as well as some other information.

Most months I spend no money on coin related publications. As I stated I buy the Coins and/or Coin Prices for the Canadian Trends and maybe 2 or 3 other magazines total in a year. I don't wish to pay for something that in most issues has nothing of interest to me.