• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1955 Roosevelt dime.

5 posts in this topic

`This is probably a silly question but I will ask it. I have a 1955 Roosevelt dime in a plastic holder that I found in some belongings. I can't remember why I have it as I collect sets. I must have had it for at least 30 years.

It seems to be a proof. How can one be sure it is a proof and not a really nice mint state since neither the proof or mint state do not have a mint mark if I am not mistaken.

Thanks

It is a 1959. I scanned it and the more I look at it then I think it has to be a proof. Too shiny and mirror like and detail in the hair etc.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CHABSENTIA/1959.jpg

Does anybody have any advice on how to wipe off the smudges on the scanner glass as I understand that you can screw it up if you don't use the right cloth/tissue.

Thanks

You can buy a lens cleaning cloth, probably at a camera or film shop. BTW, your dime appears to be a business strike from the scan but I can not be positive from the scan.

Thanks. I had a spray and some cloths for cleaning my monitor but I seemed to have lost them. I think that it is a proof. Its so small that it is hard to tell but has mirror like qualities and the hair is pretty detailed. Just couldn't get a good scan.

Nearest palce for me is Best Buy so I will probably try them.

Thanks