• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRO's assessment of CSNS!

11 posts in this topic

If they got a "gift grade" how do they price the coin? At the grade given, which is usually a premium, or at a premium to the grade they think the coin is?

I can't speak for them, but I've found they usually charge according to what they paid for an item, no extra whammo stuff, no exploitation.

If they got a "gift grade" how do they price the coin? At the grade given, which is usually a premium, or at a premium to the grade they think the coin is?
If, for example, a dealer thinks a coin deserves a 63 but it receives a 64 (or higher), assuming there is a decent price difference involved, I doubt that they will price it as a 63 ;) If I had such a coin I would offer it only on a wholesale basis or sell it via public auction, rather than offer it to my clients.

If, for example, a dealer thinks a coin deserves a 63 but it receives a 64 (or higher), assuming there is a decent price difference involved, I doubt that they will price it as a 63 ;) If I had such a coin I would offer it only on a wholesale basis or sell it via public auction, rather than offer it to my clients.

You're a good man, Mark. (thumbs u

If not for your knowledge, experience, contacts and reputation, then I wouldn't think that you could make it as a coin dealer. It almost seems that the prerequisite to being a dealer is the ability to lie, cheat and steal. (Virtually 100% of NGC board member dealers are the exception to this, of course.)

It almost seems that the prerequisite to being a dealer is the ability to lie, cheat and steal.

ehem...

those are the prerequisites for being a good Doctor...

if it's for your patients that is (that's the only way they'll get decent health care in this country....)

Mark,

Would you be concerned that the coin could eventually find its way into the collection of one of your clients?

I don't necessarily believe in "gift grades" when submitting coins. A coin may be a lock 64 and a shot 65. If it comes back 65, I will price it for retail it at a % above MS 65 Bid based on where I think it falls in the MS 65 grade range. Sort of like a pass completetion which is a 20 yard gain and then the receiver breaks away and takes it to the bank! Wow do I like those!