• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery coin (?) of the day...

11 posts in this topic

Anyone out there want to take a shot at this one? Diameter is 2 7/8". (It probably says , "Eat at Joe's" or something.) Maybe it was the original Frisbee?

RI AL

bigchinao.jpg

bigchinar.jpg

Looks like a paperweight to me.

The inscription says "Have leftover every year". It is a Chinese tradition that at new year's eve, there will be a fish at the dinner table. But noone should touch it until the new year's day.

The word "fish" has a same sould like "leftover".

Based on the dimemsion you provided, it looks a paperwight rather than a coin.

OH...it's one of those Chinese Leftover Coins! Silly ME! Should have recognized it immediately.

:grin:

RI AL

Hey Al,

I was being a smart *(&( that symbol is the chinese symbol for coin. That is all I could come up with, I like the other responses you received.

Rey

I don't believe it is a coin, more likely a charm. I think there are some listed in Schojth but I don't have my copy with me.

It is a token passed out at old Chinese restaurants instead of fortune cookies...this one says, "You will be hungry again in one hour"

You guys are too much with your comical replies to my Chinese "mystery coin" question. I had a good chuckle. Thanks.

Now, maybe I'll just load that puppy in the car (must weigh several ounces), take it to Cosco and see if I can swap it for a bag of rice. Oh ...silly me...wrong coin...I mean the $50 buffalo I just got. Maybe I could get 2 bags of rice for it???

RI AL