• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay questions about payment

36 posts in this topic

He wrote this on the back of the envelope that his payment arrived in - EBAY# (the actual item number) the year and denomination of the coin and the amount of the money order $132.50.
893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Well, the good news is you got paid. 893applaud-thumb.gif

John

Well, I just had another first with this buyer. He wrote this on the back of the envelope that his payment arrived in - EBAY# (the actual item number) the year and denomination of the coin and the amount of the money order $132.50. This is really crazy!

At least you got info to go by. Wait until you get a check with no info and the name on the check doesn't match any of the buyers names or tehy never emailed you AND you have several auctions this payment could be for.

Believe it or not, this has happened to me probably 5 times!

Greg, one time I had guy that had a brain injury and had multiple personalities! He responded with a different name and email address on several occasions and I made a mistake and sent him the wrong coin because of his false info. By the time one of his family members stepped in and helped out I was almost crazy. Oh yeah when I said the back of the envelope I meant the outside where everyone could see what was in it! mike smile.gif

Greg, one time I had guy that had a brain injury and had multiple personalities! He responded with a different name and email address on several occasions and I made a mistake

Sorry about that. I promise to keep taking my medicine though ...lol

jom

I've got a decent one here. A while back I sold some wheatie lots to some woman in Minnesota. She paid via paypal but didn't have an address on account nor did she leave one. So naturally I emailed here from the address she sent payment from inquiring as to where to send the coins. No response for 3 weeks. Finally I get a phone call from some crazy woman wondering where her coins were. The same day I received an email from her. I responded by using the reply option telling her I have been trying to contact her for 3 weeks. She tells me that she changed her email address several months ago and forgot to change her profiles. I still left her positive feedback but never received any from her.

I have a good eBay story myself. Awhile back I was selling some extra proof sets on eBay. A woman with no feedback won one of the sets. At the end of the auction I e-mailed her all the regular info (thanks for bidding, total with postage, where to send payment…) Well after not hearing from her for a week, I e-mailed her again saying that I had not heard from her and to please reply to this second e-mail so that I would know that she had received either of the two e-mails.

Another week goes by, still no word from her. I e-mailed her one more time to inform her that if I did not hear from her by the end of the week I would have to report her as a non paying bidder so I could get my eBay fees refunded. The next day she replies to my e-mail by asking how does she know that I will send her the proof set if she sends me the payment first! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

I than explained to her about eBay’s feedback system and how at the time I had over 300 positive feedbacks and to read what others have said about dealing with me.

She writes back that she would send a money order out the next day. Two more weeks go by, no payment. Now I’m really p…off. 893frustrated.gif I report her as a non-paying bidder to eBay and they send her one of those e-mails saying that I reported her as a NPB and to send payment. I get her money order by the end of the week with a nasty note saying how she was sorry that she upset me! I sent her the proof set, blocked her from bidding in my auctions and I never heard a word from her again. 893applaud-thumb.gif

John