• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taking some new pics today, whaddaya think?

14 posts in this topic

Looking good. A bit underlit but nice.

I know, I need to get some better lights. I'm just using two 60W bulbs now. I need to buy some OTT lights soon.

2007P1NGCMS65Obv2.jpg

2007P1NGCMS65Rev2-1.jpg

Pretty good. I agree that it's a bit underlit, with some blown highlights, and some soft focus. Still, not bad. When you're really clickin', remember to try and keep the coin rotated properly in the final images. I usually zoom in a bit and use one of the horizontal tools to line up letters or other horizontal features on the coin so that I can see if they're level. If not, I rotate the image. Also, give the composite image a little space between the pictures of the coin so they're not touching. Makes it look a little cleaner. Good work!

2007P1NGCMS65Obv2.jpg

2007P1NGCMS65Rev2-1.jpg

Pretty good. I agree that it's a bit underlit, with some blown highlights, and some soft focus. Still, not bad. When you're really clickin', remember to try and keep the coin rotated properly in the final images. I usually zoom in a bit and use one of the horizontal tools to line up letters or other horizontal features on the coin so that I can see if they're level. If not, I rotate the image. Also, give the composite image a little space between the pictures of the coin so they're not touching. Makes it look a little cleaner. Good work!

It's actually not a composite image. It's 2 separate images. Just hit Enter and add all the space you need :)