• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A NGC Mini-Multiholder? Poll Added

28 posts in this topic

What if NGC would make what Ill call a Mini-Multiholder.

smallholder.jpg

Here is an example of what one would look like with 2 State quarters one each of the silver and clad. Making use of the standard size NGC slab.

I feel this would work well with other quarters, nickel and dimes.

Such as those with only P & D min marks ect…….

This would also save on storage area.

Nickel and dimes would hold 3 or 4 each.

I’m sorry if someone may have already had this idea.

Comments?

;)

Great idea Jeff. :cool:The only problem I see is if one of the coins grades differently. hm But the storage issue has a huge upside to it. :acclaim:

Great idea Jeff. :cool:The only problem I see is if one of the coins grades differently. hm But the storage issue has a huge upside to it. :acclaim:

The other problem would be that the largest coins of the same diameter that could fit in it would be quarters. I guess you could put something like a silver dollar and a half dime, but that might look odd.

It would be pretty cool for PDS cent collections IMO, esp. steel cents.

Steel cents often come in 3 hole 2x2s so this would be a slab version of that.

I don't like it, and don't get the point. I don't see a market for it, either. Sorry to rain on the parade.

Rain away........... Not everyone likes everything.

But the point and reason for me is:

The state proof registry set contains 2 each of each coin. One being Silver and the other clad.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/MySets_Listing.aspx?PeopleSetID=35443&SelectedTab=SetListing

This set has 100 Slabs. Doing this would make the same set only 50 slabs and Im not into the regular multiholders. :)

I for one like the idea. It would be cool to have PDS sets in one slab (e.g., cents) or P&D business strikes for a year of something else. They'd have to work out a way to fit the grades on the label, but that wouldn't be hard.

I agree with whoever mentioned the PDS sets-why couldn't their be separate grades-so what. They have separate grades on the mulitholders. I think this would create a lot of business for the TPG's and help the collector with space and expense. Great idea, Jeff.

Jim

It would be pretty cool for PDS cent collections IMO, esp. steel cents.

Steel cents often come in 3 hole 2x2s so this would be a slab version of that.

110771817_o.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]I would love to have Lincoln Sets like this one.[/font]

I still don't see why this couldn't be done, even with different grades(now I'm assuming-uhoh-that size is the major reason for not using a regular multiholder). I'm sure no one thinks it would be cheaper, as I believe the price would remain the same-each coin would still be according to price tier plus a fee for specific grades, if required. It could look similiar to this:

smallholdercopy.jpg

Of course type size would have to be adjusted to allow for the barcode. For coins of 25 cents down it would be feasible to have up to three coins per holder and remain the same size as only the label size may need be changed to maintain a large enough type size for easy reading.

Just an opinion.

Jim

Yes there is many small configurations that can be used like this.

NGC just needs to see some interest in this and they might do it.

I think the most interest would be from folks who are interested in long-term ownership of their collections, as any multiholders seem like they'd limit your potential buyers. What would really make these take off would be if they offered to grade and slab coin number one at regular price, and coin number two for a discount if you chose the mini-multiholder option.

I would send in all my P,D,S dimes with the same grades for each of the years I have , also could match up a set of Steel Wheaties ......would greatly greatly solve my storage and stacking problems with the dimes ....would even be great if they would be able to mount the P mint Obverse out and the D & S mints Reverse out on the older years where the mint marks are on the back by the bottom of the torch .

If they offered this service for the dimes and maybe Trimes (small coinage) I would definitely set aside the funds and start shipping all the single holders in for this modification .

Since I have no desire to rid my self of these coins , I would love to even have the modern Proof dimes placed Silver and Clad / same year & grade / in something like this.

Good idea .