• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

important concerning this upcoming june whitman baltimore convention

11 posts in this topic

i talked to someone today and they said that on thursday at 2pm it will be open to the public

before 2pm starting at 10am there is a 100 dollar early bird badge

but at 2pm thurs anyone can get into the bourse for free

sounds great to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay where it's safe, Michael! If you go down, there ain't a living soul on the planet who would give you mouth to mouth resuscitation! :grin:

I didn't attend the show in February because I did not feel like dealing with the snow is there was any. (shrug) I will attend this show however, and I did pony up the $100 although the value of that seems to be on the decline.

The advantage to going as a super bourse dealer is that you avoid the mad house that starts when the public come in. It's much quieter. The disadvanrage is that some dealers don't set up until the public can enter.

The fee had been $50 for quite a while and then was bumped to $100 only a few years ago. I believe $25 goes to the show while the remainder goes to the Baltimore Childrens Hospital.

The fee had been $50 for quite a while and then was bumped to $100 only a few years ago. I believe $25 goes to the show while the remainder goes to the Baltimore Childrens Hospital.

The whole $100 goes to the Whitman profit center so far I know. Whitman stopped the obligatory contributions the Baltimore Childrens’ Hospital soon after Whitman bought the show.

I might sound like a “hard hearted Hanna” here, but I resented having to donate to a charity that would not have been my first choice. There are hospitals and other charities in Tampa too, and I did not like having to contribute to one so far from home. I complained to Whitman about that when they bought the show, and perhaps some other people did so as well.

So you object to the money going to a charity the choice of which is outside of your control, but you don't mind if the same money goes to the corporate owners profit margin? Do I understand that right? :)

So you object to the money going to a charity the choice of which is outside of your control, but you don't mind if the same money goes to the corporate owners profit margin? Do I understand that right? :)

You got it right. That's the law of supply and demand.

If there are no profits margins the show will not exist. And at first Whitman dropped the super bourse fee to just the old rate without the $25 going to the hosptal. Now they have raised the rate and shortened the hours. The law of supply and demand dictate to me that I might stop buying the badge. :)