• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping coins

8 posts in this topic

What is the best(or most used method) for packing and shipping coins. I have received coins in a few different ways. The only common supply was the #000 bubble mailer.

Thanks

For raw coins...before putting in the bubble mailers do you put in a coin envelope or small 2x2 poly/zip bag.

If the coin is already in a 2x2 coin holder just put some bubble wrap and then into a bubble mailer??

For raw coins, they are in 2x2's or flips. Those flips are placed in a #10 Safe-T-Mailer and placed in a standard #10 envelope to be mailed. For slabbed coins I use the Safe-T-Mailer to hold the slabbed coin(s) but fold it long-wise (across the middle, not on the fold). Those are placed in a #00 or #0 bubble mailer. Those bubble mailers are the perfect size for producing shipping labels from PayPal.

Scott :hi:

I go a little overboard, but I've never had a damaged slab. I bubblewrap the slab - usually with the recycled back panel of an old bubble mailer - then wrap that with a piece of thin corrogated cardboard from a cardboard box. A wrap of cello tape to hold everything in place and I pop it in a bubble mailer. Off it goes.