• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would this auction worry you as a buyer?

5 posts in this topic

Here is the link to the active listing. link and here is the link to one that just ended link by the same seller. I don't like buying from someone who uses the same pictures for coins that cost over $50.

I think that it is okay for a set of silver eagles. They are very generic, and you cannot see things like milk spots in the photo anyway.

I would not, however, buy such a set without a return policy.

I agree about the return policy, but I have looked close at these pics and what I see are milk spots on the 92, 94, 98, & 04. I'm also seeing what looks like some contact marks on a couple of the others. I know I would be asking the seller for pics of the set I would be getting.

I have actually purchased items from this seller in the past. I don't think it is fair to expect him to photograph every set of silver eagles that he sells, that would be very time consuming. However, he has most certainly picked out the best coins and your set is most likely going to be MS67 or lower with no numismatic value. So if you are buying for bullion, you should be okay.

What concerns me about this seller is that you cant find a single toned coin in his entire inventory. Every coin is blast white, including every morgan & peace dollar. But in this case, I don't think you need to worry about him dipping silver eagles.