• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1855 O Liberty Seated Half Dollar critique

9 posts in this topic

What are your opinions as to the grade for this Half? I graded it asVF20 but then I love the coin, so go figure. I would appreciate your grades and coin condition, please.

Thanks

Jim

1855OLSH.jpg

I think it barely - just barely - meets standards for VF-20. However, it looks like the coin was taped in an album at one time, and required some sort of conservation of the surfaces. It has a slightly glossy look. That doesn't necessarily bother me, but it's something you might want to know prior to purchase. In other words, make sure it was properly conserved.

Overall, I do like it!

It does have nice details and appearance but I'm sure that it would body bag for cleaning at the services. It is a great 2 year type coin!

I don't know if it has been cleaned or washed, but someone definitely took the time to strip away the hard-earned grime this coin had in order to reveal a glossy surface.

I think it barely - just barely - meets standards for VF-20. However, it looks like the coin was taped in an album at one time, and required some sort of conservation of the surfaces. It has a slightly glossy look. That doesn't necessarily bother me, but it's something you might want to know prior to purchase. In other words, make sure it was properly conserved.

Overall, I do like it!

Ditto