• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold in the Federal Reserve Bank in New York City
1 1

33 posts in this topic

This geology, this landscape, is what remains of glacial activity.  Traces are prominently displayed in a few remaining open places such as the giant rocky outcropping in Central Park, scarred and left behind when the glaciers melted/retreated leaving a historic record behind in its moraine. (I believe the city's first "skyscraper" was the Flatiron building at 23rd St. and Fifth Avenue at Madison Square Park.) Incidentally, it may be just my perception, but the armored cars I've seen entering and leaving the Federal Reserve, are robust, heavy-duty vehicles. When you get a chance, if you're unfamiliar with the story, all the gold buried in the rubble of a bank (Nova Scotia?) at 4 WTC on 9/11 was recovered.

On 5/29/2009 at 5:19 PM, Just Bob said:

I would love to meet this man! :)

Go to work for nearly ANY legislature. You will hardly go two days without hearing from one of this guy’s doppelgängers. 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:33 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Very easy to tell where the Manhattan Schist disappears....it's below 30th Street heading downtown with all the low buildings.  The Shiste re-surfaces as you approach Freedom Tower/old WTC/Bowery which is why you see many skyscrapers down there.

The cost of drilling down to the bedrock there is very expensive...that's why Manhattan always had skyscrapers in mid-town and downtown but not in the Chelsea and Lower Manhattan area.  That's exactly where the Schiste falls away from the surface.

Wow! No schist? Never take the geology for granite. 

Edited by VKurtB