• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dansco toning

13 posts in this topic

i was going through all my books pulling what i wanted to keep and notice that most are starting to tone a rainbow nicely. what do yall think?

ikerainbow3.jpg

ikerainbow2.jpg

ikerainbow1.jpg

im selling off all the non proofs i have. these included

as for the keeping of them they were in book for a while i guess with the plasticks slid in all slots.

Ant, I've seen lots of golden-toned clad Ikes, but none quite like that... hm

Question: Did it tone in a Dansco like that???

Thanks in advance...Mike

How long have they been in there and did you have the plastic sleeve over them or not? Just curious.

Mine toned with the plastic sleeve intact...Mike

Ant, I've seen lots of golden-toned clad Ikes, but none quite like that... hm

Question: Did it tone in a Dansco like that???

Thanks in advance...Mike

i do believe they did! but im not sure. it is alot of them, some further along than others.

I am not a fan of toned coins nor am I a fan of Dansco albums. I have seen a lot of toned coins from Dansco album. I just do not find them appealing. I have never had this issue from Whitman albums. I just checked my Ike collection in a Whitman album that has proof and business strikes, and there is no toning.

I am not sure what the appeal of these albums are. I know that Dansco has a "unique" distribution policy--you buy a box of 25 one type of albums and there are no returns. I wonder if dealers are pushing Danscos in order to move inventory? hm

Scott :hi: