• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions About the "No Grade" Designation.

3 posts in this topic

I just submitted my first coin for grading. It is an 18th Century Mexico Pillar Dollar. I've been worried about it receiving a "no grade" designation because I know most older coins have been cleaned at some point. Although I could find no evidence that this coin had been cleaned, I'm still worried about it being "body bagged."

It is now showing up as being in "Quality Control." Does that mean that it has survived the grading process, or do no-grades also go through QC?

Thanks!

The short answer is No..

the best advice i can give to you is to post pictures here and let people pass there opinions on the coin .. they are "usually" spot on !

PS welcome to the forum

Wayne is right, all coins go to quality control, but you should take advantage of the knowledge and resources of the kind folks in these forums. They are tremendous and always willing to give advice.

As Wayne said, welcome to the forums.

Rey