• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

11919 Lincoln...How did this happen?

4 posts in this topic

Recently got this from the Bay, I know...it's in pretty bad shape......I enlarged it slightly to see it better. The date reads 11919 and 'Liberty' isn't level. But it does seem to correspond to the first 1 in the date, which leans a bit to the right....there was some other lettering(?) on the reverse near the top. Couldn't see that very well.I'll get a better pic of it when I get it.. but this should be enough ask about it. Any ideas???? (using sellers pic)

11919a.JPG

It looks like it could be some gunk or even a hit or something. Not sure I can really give a good possible cause from the pic. Looks like it has seen its fair share of use though.:)

That thing is corroded, environmentally damaged, acid washed, or had some other form of horribly mutilating experience. I wouldn't try and derive any sort of numismatic significance from anything on that coin.