• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opnion needed on 1970 PF 67 Quarter

15 posts in this topic

My opinion would be that I bet the coin was imaged so as to show the color best and that it is offered or will sell for more than I would pay. Of course, to be fair to whomever is selling it, imaging proof surfaces is tough.

The seller is asking $195 for this coin which is a bit much to me just for the toning.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

...I think I just wet myself... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

...No, wait... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

...Really... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Prices have gotten absolutely stupid on toned coins now. I think the only way a lot of dealers can make a living anymore is buying a nicely toned coin at bid, then marking it up 500-1000% for the toning. A 70's should be a $10 coin as previously noted, I would maybe go $15-20 for an attractive one like that, as you can tell I don't play in that market.

Just so folks are a bit more clear on my perspective of this piece I will share a bit of my history. I was one of the uber-enthusiasts for toned coins in the mid-to-late 1990s and paid far more for most coins than anyone else would dare. However, I limited this aggressive buying to truly special coins and not to pieces that were "okay". While I see nothing wrong with owning that quarter, I see plenty of financial downside at anything remotely near the offered price.

Im in complete agreement with Tom on this one. Im not as seasoned at the toner game as him, but I do like toners. I dont see $195 there in color. I just dont.

P.S. Tom, I think I wet myself abit there too.

J/K

That was the funniest thing I have seen you post yet.:)