• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever seen one of these silver dollars before

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

could anyone tell me the relevance of the snake on this dollar ? i have seen them holographs and painted but never like this

4288_1.jpg

cheers dooly

Never seen that before Dooly. Maybe someone practicing some airbrush work or something. My sister does fingernails and she can airbrush these small designs like that. The way the tips flare out like they do, that's what it looks like to me.

2001 was the Year Of The Snake in the Chinese calendar.

The characteristics of the Snake are tempered by one of the five Chinese elements of Metal, Water, Wood, Fire and Earth overlaying a 5-year cycle of characteristics on the original 12-year cycle.

THE METAL SNAKE - 2001

Metal Snakes are extremely willful individuals who will stop at nothing to achieve their goals. These people will have their guards up 24-hours a day in order to protect themselves from any failure or possibility of it. They place a great deal of importance on money, but are more concerned with the possessions their finances can bring them. They are in and out so sharply and so silently that they are often unheard and unseen. You must be careful with these Snakes because, although they can be generous, they are always out for number one.