• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ships of the U.S. & World!

6 posts in this topic

Post them if you got them.

I was starting a type set of US coins and thought, hum. I love boats and ships, I wonder how a ships theme would look. Well, Im having a blast.

1893rev.jpg

Picture1136-2.jpg

Picture1055-1.jpg

1797US_A-1.jpg

Lets see those ships...

Die cracks top and bottom! Sold for over $2k in this self-explanatory USB auction of Sept. 2007. ;)

Lot description:

Europäische Münzen

GROSSBITANNIEN

Charles II. 1660-1685.

No.: 2012

Schätzwert/Estimate: CHF 600

Silbermedaille 1667. Auf den Frieden zwischen Grossbritannien und Holland. Englisches und holländisches Schiff segeln nebeneinander. Rv. Die Wappen von England und Holland auf Palm- und Lorbeerzweig mit Bändern an einem Kranz befestigt. 37,08 g. Eimer 242. Patina. Vorzüglich.

welcome to the world of nautical themed numismatics bajablu....this is one set that you'll never finish and always enjoy the hunt...

edited to add:--I hope it's not immodest, here's a link to my signature set of ship coins in the registry....Yarm, that spectacular piece would be the centerpiece of my whole set.... (worship)http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/ViewPersonalCollection.aspx?UserCollectionID=175&Tab=gallery