• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm looking for a camera

6 posts in this topic

I want one that is inexpensive, easy to use, and takes pretty good coin pics, as well as regular pictures. I don't want to get involved with any big elaborate setups, I just want one that takes decent pics with a minimum of effort. I'm looking to spend in the $200-$250 range. Any suggestions?

Cannon power shot SX100IS....it's what I use and I get a lot of compliments. It has a good macro and right out of the box takes amazing shots with no extra lenses etc.....

You can just look through my posts to see the quality of the shots :acclaim:

I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S650 7.2 Mega Pixels that I got on Black Friday for $75.00 and I think it does a great job for what I need.

Sample pictures using the camera.

0011.jpg

0111.jpg

3-16005.jpg

Any used Nikon DSLR. A D100 can be had for that much on eBay, and it takes quite nice photos. The lens will cost you more though and likely break your budget.

I don't know if I would spend money on anything short of the Nikon D300, which is outside the budget. I shoot with a D70 and without a decent macro lens, the photos aren't much to speak about. A macro like I use (a sigma 150 mm) runs $600 new, or about half that used.

Cannon power shot SX100IS....it's what I use and I get a lot of compliments. It has a good macro and right out of the box takes amazing shots with no extra lenses etc.....

You can just look through my posts to see the quality of the shots :acclaim:

I went to Best Buy to take a look at this one, and I really like it. So I came back home and just bought a black one on Amazon. Thanks guys!