• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please forgive me for this..

44 posts in this topic

Bob,

Absolutely, the best advice for Kevin, yet. (thumbs u

Kevin,

I hope you read Bob's advice, as it makes the most sense for someone with your doubting nature and reluctance to be satisfied with coins that most would be proud to own. This way you could stay in the gold or silver market without any risk as to counterfeit coins. Good luck, Kevin-we are all behind you and will support you any way we can.

Jim

Kevin, I think colllecting gold coins is not the problem. I think it is much deeper than that. I just hope you are able to get things squared away in your mind and I only wish you the best.

Carl.

Dude, you're great (and funny) to watch (read) but seriously, a hobby is supposed to help REDUCE your STRESS level, NOT to INCREASE it.

Yeah, no kidding. I drive even the most patient people crazy. I wish I could get over it. When I was younger I would worry about the other hobbies I had. I used to collect fossils and rocks (like crystalline geodos), beanie babies, magic and such. I used to think the beanie babiers were fake. :o I still do magic. Maybe I should quit numismatics and just focus on magic. I've invested alot of time in numismatics though and I Would hate to quit it. I would also probably regret selling my coins later down the line, like I regretted cracking open my PCGS MS63 saint to send into NGC. Later down the road I realized I worried over nothing, but when something is in the moment I tend to not see that.

I'm surprised many of you want me to quit the hobby.

All the best,

kevin

dude you fricken crack me up, please stay on this forum and post more!

I'm sorry that you apparently find this to be humorous.

I'm sorry that you're sorry that I found this funny.

Well thanks for the advice everyone. I don 't know what to do. Maybe i shouldn't post here. I don't have many good posts, and I've seen to make one member through PM's who said he would possibly block me in the future if this continues. I can't begin to imagine how many others have already done so.

I really appreciate the advice and I paticularly upset with myself because I have an emotional attachment to my coins and not sure if I could sell them, thus negaging all the good advice on this board. I've had these worrying antics since I was a small child (6 or so) and it seems to follow me no matter what I do. Unfortunately, I think even if I only bought mint products I would worry about them.

Please don't do what happened to me on the PCGS forums. Please don't PM the admin to ban me. I don't want to be banned here. I'll do my best not to worry about this anymore. Perhaps I won't post for awhile now. I don't want everyone to block me.

If I were to find a job or career Im sure I would worry less.

Nice one stinky.. its easier to run away than stick with it .. i for one would miss you from this site .. i bet i have more people blocking me than you do lol after all my postings of my poor quality coins and common stuff.

enjoy your coins and try to have fun with them..Its a hobby !

I like your idea about a finding a job.. as you will look forward more to getting home and reading about what people have found and think of the extra money you would have for the coin shows

all the best dooly :devil:

Nice one stinky.. its easier to run away than stick with it .. i for one would miss you from this site .. i bet i have more people blocking me than you do lol after all my postings of my poor quality coins and common stuff.

enjoy your coins and try to have fun with them..Its a hobby !

I like your idea about a finding a job.. as you will look forward more to getting home and reading about what people have found and think of the extra money you would have for the coin shows

all the best dooly :devil:

Indeed, this is exactly the same advice I gave him in a PM.

I'm sorry that you apparently find this to be humorous.

I agree. Revenant and Paratrooper, we're not in middle school anymore. There's more at hand here than simply compulsive worrying about counterfeit coins.

Stinky,

I like your posts and think your a cool dude. Stay around. If someone blocks you over you posting your concerns, let them. They arent worth you getting bent out of shape over them. You have alot to offer this hobby.

Not to mention, Im sure theres alot more people that have blocked me than you.

I dont seem to be a fav anywhere I go...:)

Stay and try to relax. If your unsure about the coins you have, sell them. Start a new collection with lower priced stuff that is abit safer if your not that advanced in your knowledge of the current series your having issues with.

Personally Im building a Ships of the World collection. Also a cathedral medals collection.

I think youll be fine. Just relax and ask questions. Thats what this place is here for. Us collectors to learn and enjoy our hobby.

Hey Kevin .. we never get to see the reverse of your coin so i could not help myself with this lol:devil:lol

2511655-001R-1.jpg

dooly :devil:

You're not going to get banned over this, Kevin. You may want to step away and take a breather, but don't disappear.

I agree with Tom here Kevin. Step back a little, put your coins away for a little while and find something else to occupy your time. You seem to be obessesed with this issue, and maybe something else is needed that is more relaxing and less stressful. From what I've seen of your coins, all look fine to me. You just need to take the words from that airline commercial "Wanna Get Away"? Take a break my friend, step back, and think more about the positive side of the hobby than the negative.