• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's the answer to the question in relicsncoins' signature

3 posts in this topic

Why do I have a pocket full of clad and worthless paper?
That money in your pocket was made legal tender by Congress, not by a state.

The relevant provision is Article 1 Sec. 8, Clause 5, which says: "The Congress shall have Power * * * To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin * * *"

It doesn't place the specie limitations on Congressional power.which Article I Sec. 10 imposes on the States.

Whether it's good policy or not, it's constitutional!

If anyone has problems with the "worthless" items in their pocket, I would be more than happy to take them from you. Just package them and send them to me. I have no problems with the items in my pocket (current economic policies not withstanding).

Scott :hi:

Gee, more and more times as I leave the local convience stores, I see cents just strewn around in the parking lot...are people that lazy that they can't even put those few extra cents into the "Need a Penny, Take a Penny" tray?

Since my reflexes have dimished considerably and the flick of the gas pump handle registers .03, I really need those extra cents at the counter.

Let's have some consideration here lol