• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APMEX....

5 posts in this topic

I have purchased items from Apmex. Silver eagles mainly. After my first purchase from them I sent a few of the coins to NGC for grading which came back 70. So I feel comfortable purchasing from them. Today I went to check out the site and for the first time in the past 2 years you are unable to order anything online and the only orders excepted are over the phone and only a minimum order of $1,000 for existing customers. The site says its due to OVERWHELMING demand for precious metals. When I first went to the site I assumed it was because of the price drop. I dont check any other similar sites and was wondering if maybe they have recently changed as well.

There site had remained unchanged until approximately one week ago when they put the lower limit on orders and stated that they needed inventory very badly.

EZ,

What was the value of that proof ASE? Serious bidding seems to start on the last day. And if you're selling at bullion value you have to expect that folks are waiting till the last day to see what prices are on the day the buy.

Dan