• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin(no grade, mint error) won't enter into registry.

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.

I'm new to this but as you can see by my signature, I've been snooping around with the registry sets.

I've tried to enter a coin into my registry and I get this error:

Coin ID not found for certification number. Your request has been added to an admin queue, and you will be contacted.

This Coin is already in the admin queue.

It's an NGC slabbed coin. The only problem that I see that this might be happening is that it doesn't have a grade. It's a filled die, so I guess NGC felt that they couldn't accurately grade it? Instead of the grade it says "Mint Error". Any ideas anyone?

The rules for entering the Registrys specifically state that " an error " coin may not be entered in the normal registry. I have a 1987 MS 69 American Silver Eagle that came back as a mint error . It will not enter into the Mint Silver Eagle Registry but I believe that you can create a Signature Registry for error coins.

Everyone, thank you for all your help. Now I have another problem. I must of misspelled by e-mail when I was creating my set because now for some reason I can't access it. I've already tried multiple different email/password combinations that I use an nothing. Anyway to find out what e-mail I used?

Chabsentia is correct. Mint error coins are not eligible for traditional competitive sets. You may add these to a Signature set.

I can understand this for no-grade coins, but why shouldn't a mint error with a grade compete? NGC may want to review this policy as it does not make sense in certain instances. I have a specific example in mind if NGC wishes to contact me privately to discuss.