• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conservation Report $75/coin

2 posts in this topic

I'm considering sending in for conservation some obviously cleaned, low cost commems, when I saw the Conservation Report in the fee listings. Is this cost associated with each coin submitted for conservation, regardless of conservation or not? It appears, we pay $75 if conserved, and $25 if not conserved soley to see exactly what was done to the coin to conserve it or not? Am I reading this correctly? confused.gif

It appears as though you are confusing the fees associated with two separate services at NCS.

The conservation fee is based on a percentage of your declared value. The total fees will be 3% of your declared value with a minimum charge of $15. Those fees are per coin. If your coin is not conserved, it will be subject to a 1% of your declared value or $5 minimum charge.

The conservation report is a written document similar to an NGC Photoproof giving some notes of how your coin was conserved. A Before/After photo would be included. This is an optional service. The fee for the conservation report is $75 when your coin is conserved, $25 when it is not and applies per coin.

I hope this clarifies our fee schedule.

Chris, NCS Customer Service