• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early proofs added to USA Type Set

13 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Pre-1840 proofs and a few other types not previously included as proofs are now in the USA Type Set. Braided Hair half cents and large cents are included competitively, but the others are not scored. This is for the reasons cited previously: No reliable pricing information is available over a broad spectrum of grades, and very few collectors will be able to compete if these coins are scored.

TDN

Thats sweet! Now don't start person_without_enough_empathyin because a 2002-d Kennedy half in 67 is worth 12x as many points as your 1838 proof bust half with a mintage of 3 and finest known. grin.gif

Great coins! Especially the 38-0.

Now don't start person_without_enough_empathyin because a 2002-d Kennedy half in 67 is worth 12x as many points as your 1838 proof bust half with a mintage of 3 and finest known.

Why shouldn't a 2002-D be worth more points since it's a 67 compared with TDN's measly PF-64 half? tongue.gif

But...before we get carried away - let me point out that it was me who stated that NGC should put the proofs up with no points first - just to get them allowed so that coins could be entered. So one point is a big bonus!!!! wink.gif

Eventually, I'd like to see them scored. At a minimum the same as a MS coin, but more desirably with their own score.