• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone help me?

5 posts in this topic

Can someone post a photo of a 1996 1oz. gold coin(?) from South Africa? I think it may be KM#204, but my Krause book doesn't show an image of it.

Thanks!

Chris

Yes, it is! I saw the one ounce, .9999 fine gold, in a jewelry shop. The owner bought it from a man who needed some fast cash. She doesn't know anything about coins, but a pawnshop owner offered her $250 for it, She was smart not to accept it. Do you have any idea about the current value of the 1 oz. gold? What is the denomination? My Krause book is several years old so I don't want to depend on it.

Thanks!

Chris

It is definitely KM#204, part of the "Natura" series of bullion coins, with no stated denomination other than its weight.

Value? >$1,000 for a few days recently, <$1,000 now. In other words, melt +/- 10-15%, depending on whether you are buying or selling.