• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please guess the grades

17 posts in this topic

Note: Graders do not shoot in the dark...they have an excellent light source, able to tilt and examine the coin in hand and, most important of all, they have a good eye for coins.

Please, do not trust images and opinions garnered here or on other chat boards to make decisions about re-submissions for up-grade.

Sliders :grin:

bullyani.gif

Yeah but I believe there to be at least 2 that should get MS-64. That should be enough jump to resubmit I think I paid $40 each.

Your pictures are fuzzy but there are spots of wear on all 4 of the coins. Although, sometimes an AU58 can turn into MS62. I would doubt that you would get any higher grade. If it was me I would leave as is.

Hi Harvey.

Get a nice single light source- like a spot halogen and turn all the other lights off in the room. Take each one of these and look at them from all angles and tilting in all directions for possible wear. Wear might only consist of a slight break in the luster on a high point. Here is an example of AU 58 wear. Look at the top of the birds eye and the top of the wings at that slight break in the coins surface color. This is classic AU 58 wear.....or at least what should be 58 wear before market grading.

brdfc.jpg

JRocco took your suggestion and can definetly see wear. I do have to say that I have seen coins in the same shape as these in MS holders guess it comes down to getting lucky.