• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EAC convention in Dallas

15 posts in this topic

It may be a little early to ask, but who plans on being in Dallas for the EAC convention May 8-11? I never managed to make it to one while I was heavily into large cents, but I still have a few and with the addition of the JRCS (bustie) crowd this year I will be there Friday and Saturday. (Wanted to be there for the Thursday night fun but the JOB reared its ugly head again

I wish I could. I made it last year in St Louis, and I'll make it next year in Cincinnati, but I have to skip Dallas this year.

I am scheduled to go. I did go to last year's convention in St. Louis. Meeting Eric P. Newman, a truly remarkable man, was a treat. I did buy quite a bit of material, but only two pieces were copper. The rest was early to middle date (1830s) silver.

It's a fun, relaxed show with a strong emphasis on collector interaction. The bourse is not limited to copper, but if you are looking to find a 1999 cent PCGS PR-70, Ultra Cam, I think you will be disappointed.

I am still debating going. My decision may hinge considerably on whether Hoot goes - as some of you may know, he is contemplating moving to my home state of Missouri! Prior to finding out about that, I had been leaning against going, but now, I'm leaning towards making the show.

I really enjoyed spending time with Bill Jones and 1798Collector in St. Louis. Sorry I never got a chance to catch up with Conder101.

Where in Dallas? I will be sure to be there and would love to meet up with some people from this forum. Just a link to the show info would be good thanks. James I hope you make it so I can finally meet you.

From the EAC website...

Annual EAC Conventions

2008 May 8 - 11 Dallas Texas

The 2008 EAC convention will be held in Dallas, Texas May 8-11 at the Sheraton Grand Hotel at DFW Airport. The hotel is located just east of DFW Airport on highway 114 at Esters Rd. and provides free shuttle service ( 24/7 ) to and from DFW airport Hotel reservations can be made by calling 972-929-8400 or 1-800-345-5251. Room rate is $129 for either single or double.

Convention schedule is being finalized but will include a Thursday evening reception, followed by four happenings ( colonials, half cents, large cents, and JRCS ) The bourse will open Friday , Saturday and Sunday. Educational seminars will be held Friday and Saturday with an educational forum on Friday evening. The annual EAC sale ( open to EAC members only ) will be held Saturday evening. The annual EAC meeting will be held Sunday morning.

For bourse information contact Mark Borchardt at markb@HA.com or Chris McCawley at cmccawley@aol.com.

For general information contact Ed Jasper at edjasper@aol.com or Russ Butcher at mrbb1794@sbcglobal.net.

EAC says 129.00 a night, but I booked for 99.00

I am scheduled to go. I did go to last year's convention in St. Louis. Meeting Eric P. Newman, a truly remarkable man, was a treat. I did buy quite a bit of material, but only two pieces were copper. The rest was early to middle date (1830s) silver.

It's a fun, relaxed show with a strong emphasis on collector interaction. The bourse is not limited to copper, but if you are looking to find a 1999 cent PCGS PR-70, Ultra Cam, I think you will be disappointed.

......and apparantly, those looking for a PCGS 2003 MS70 cent will also be sorely disappointed! ;)

Sorry I never got a chance to catch up with Conder101.

I spent almost the entire show at the educational lectures, I spent very little time on the show floor. I do think I caught up with you briefly though on Saturday.

Hi All - Been buried to my neck in gross anatomy, but I've a small break of this weekend and I'm going to make my reservations for EAC. :banana: It'll be my last show for a long while. I'll not be buying ANYTHING and will likely part with a few of my precious coppers to help me with my upcoming move. I would not go but for the frequent flier miles I have left over from my past life in consulting. Hope to see a few of you there!

Hoot

Hi Bruce - I do not know what the cost of the show is to non-members, but to members, it's free! It's worth the 25 bucks to join EAC. Look forward to seeing you there!

Hoot

If by cost you means admission, there is none. If you mean table cost or hotel rate let me know and I can find out for you. (If you are looking for table cost, remember that the majority of the stock you display needs to be early copper and possibly early silver since we are teaming up with JRCS.)

Since the convention is this week we need to Take this to the top. If you are going PM and so we can meet up. I would like to meet up with any many as possible.