• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about ebay item #130207825306

13 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to ask about ebay item here, but I need your opinions on this coin ebay

I would like to know 3 things

1. Are those pictures juiced badly?

2. NT??

3.Am I seeing prints on right obverse field?

Thank you for your opinionds

I'm sorry to ask about ebay item here, but I need your opinions on this coin ebay

2. NT??

3.Am I seeing prints on left obverse field?

1. Juiced Images. I have seen worse though....

2. NT in my eyes. Or should we say at least Market Acceptable..

3. NO print if you ask me.

Hope that helps.

2. NT??

3.Am I seeing prints on left obverse field?

1. Juiced Images. I have seen worse though....

2. NT in my eyes. Or should we say at least Market Acceptable..

3. NO print if you ask me.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, I wanted to say RIGHT obverse field(and I edited my first post)

So you still won't see prints?

I'm concerned about those wavy toning on the right field

To be 100% honest I looked at the right field the first time I answered. I just looked at the coin and assumed it was that. Then read left when you replied. Sooo no print.

I don't see a print, but the white balance is off such that it appears the coin was imaged with indoor lighting and the camera was not corrected for this lighting. Therefore, I think the coin will have significantly less vibrant and lustrous yellow and orange in-hand.

Hi Taro,

I don't see any prints. Regarding the color - it doesn't look natural in the images. But, they probably aren't accurate, so we can't know what the coin really looks like. Still, if you want me to bid for you feel free to send me a private message. :)

I do not see prints either and the color is enhanced quite a bit with terrible lighting

I think the coin will look more like this in hand.

I do like this coin but looks like a scratch in the right obverse field

Good Luck obtaining it.

54920-color.jpg.1e6ed2dbffc2fa5f9285fef2f392371f.jpg

I'm with everyone else, the color balance is so far off it's hard to tell what it will look like. Remember the slab insert should be white but it looks more yellow/brown.

Thanks everyone for opinions.

I didn't expect the coin look as colorful as the picture shows, but I couldn't imagine how the coin actually look in person. So jgrinz's image helped me a lot.

The coin has some interesting cracks and I think I need it.......I'm going to send PM to you, Mark :grin:

I agree with the others that the pictures are a bit juiced, but I think it should have some decent color in hand. The tone is likely natural but a bit unusual and I don't think that is a print. There is a light scrape in the right field that probably helps account for the grade of 62.

I believe that is a V-6b which is the small date, despite the seller calling it a large date. The so-called large date used the date punch from the bust half dimes while the small date used a new date punch created for the seated half dimes. The size of the date is really not much different between the two.

The V-6 obverse die has a die flaw that you can see under the arm and in the field down the leg. The V-6b is just a later die state with more cracks. Valintine suggests that this die marriage must have been struck in 1838 since the same reverse die was used on some 1838 coins but without the die cracks.

Overall, a nice and interesting coin. Good luck if you decide to bid. (thumbs u