• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with pricing referance book?

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, Im having a bit of trouble pricing the referance book "Die Varieties of U.S.Large Cents." By John R. Grellman. Its for the 1840-1857 pieces.

Ive never used it and know what I paid for it, my dad already has one.

Not trying to sell it here, so I hope this is not taken as spam. Im just trying to figure out a fair price to sell at and maybe where to sell it at.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

There are three editions of this book. Make sure you are pricing the right one. The first edition should probably sell for less than the second or third. There were a lot of changes after the first edition, and the first edition was a two volume three ring binder format book.

$90 shipped is not too bad a price for a third edition but not great. The book is available new, either with or without autograph, from the author for $100 postpaid.

This one is brand spanking new. I havent even taken it out of its plastic it was shipped in. Its a brown leather book from I believe 2001. I would guess 400-600 pages or so. I dont believe its signed, but if it was I wouldnt be selling it. I collect coin books, first editions, and signed books.

Thanks for the help everyone. Would the bst be the best place for it or coinzip? Never sold a coin book before. Im always buying them lol.

As always thanks for the help.