• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"The Pros vs. The Joes"

11 posts in this topic

This is a take-off on the TV show. In this case, though, the "Pros" are the coin dealers and the "Joes" are the collectors/hoarders. I thought it might be fun to play our own little game to see what results we get.

IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY, PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR RESPONSE ON THIS THREAD. INSTEAD, I WANT YOU TO SEND ME A PM.

Here is the game, and it is quite simple.

I have 35 Morgan dollars that I will probably sell for melt if the price continues to rise. However, let's assume that I am offering them for sale now, and the current melt value is $20 an ounce. Let's also assume that everyone who participates in this game wants to buy them.

Please send me a PM, and tell me how much you would be willing to pay for them. Also, please indicate if you are making this offer as a dealer or if you are just a collector who is trying to fill his/her first $1000 bag of 90% circs.

I will post the results no later than Sunday, March 24.

Chris

too confusing :) - Of course I am a simple Man

Mike, stop looking in the mirror. Perhaps that will help to lessen your confusion. lol

Chris

No interest? Or, am I being blocked by the majority of you? (shrug)

Aren't the rest of you the least bit curious about what others are willing to pay?

Chris

Aren't the rest of you the least bit curious about what others are willing to pay?

Chris

There might not be much interest in what others would pay for melt value Morgans is most likely. It has no effect on areas that I collect.

Chris

There might not be much interest in what others would pay for melt value Morgans is most likely. It has no effect on areas that I collect.

It really has nothing to do with dollars, dimes, quarters, halves or silver rounds for that matter. It has to do with what people would be willing to pay for melt value coins.

Chris