• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your commemorative coins early and modern

76 posts in this topic

I didn't see this thread anywhere so I thought I'd start one. Okay people show me what you got!

I'll start off small with my oldest one. A 1905 Lewis and Clark Exposition Gold Dollar. Which btw is the only US two headed coin as in one on either side of the coin, not two on one side. lol I did my best with the photo as the coin is really small and this was the best I could do with a macro setting.

54745-1905LewisandClarkExpositionGoldDollarReverse.JPG.75637920c9bd94dc7644c6676f931583.JPG

There are actually quite a few US coins with a head on both sides, though they typically do not contain a traditional portrait on both sides. Here is a nice Columbian-

I1892P64.jpg

I1892P64R.jpg

wow gorgeous coins. keep em coming!

On the two headed coin thing I'll have to correct my references. :)

Thanks!

Love the two tailed coin hehe

I'm not quite sure how I would like to display these, but just before I received the commems from the Mint, I spotted this framed print and the commemorative book of stamps at the local Post Office.

Chris

54757-IMG_2149.JPG.984fed78c8df628b80a0994ddddeb4bb.JPG

Zach....errrr.....ummmm.....do you think you might be able to reformat how you have your commems imaged? hm Thanks. (thumbs u

I've sure got my work cut out for me to get sets of commemoratives like Ty or Zr have. Awesome pictures and thanks for sharing them with everyone.

Hi,

I've been lurking here for about two years. I don't have much to offer in terms of knowledge, but I really appreciate the information I have gleaned from you guys (and gals).

Here's one of mine (my only one except a pocket piece Columbian).

1920-pilgram-copy.jpg

I really like that ship.

Hello,

New to THIS side of the street... I normally hang out on the PCGS board... but it went down one day and I wondered over here :)

I could not resist this thread as Early Commems are one of my favorite series!

hope to be chatting with you all here as time goes on... and to the PCGS folks here... hello :D

(hopefully my image post works... still learning the features of this board)

-sm

Commems.jpg