• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1998 Kennedy in NGC SP69...

14 posts in this topic

Anybody know where I can get one at a decent price? None on Ebay lately, at least none taking bids. A couple "buy it nows", but they want $289 !!!!

I was thinking they are worth around $225 or so....

Limited Production - Limited Availability

Most are in collections already

He will get that price

Buy the set on eBay and send the Kennedy into get graded. Most of the coins are SP-68 or SP-69.

The last set only sold for $108.45 on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1998-Robert-F-Kennedy-2-Coin-Dollar-Set-w-Box-COA_W0QQitemZ170201207280QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41108QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Of the 909 submitted for grading, 41 are SP-68, 655 are SP-69, and 207 are SP-70.

So the chance that you get the SP-69 are in your favor.

Good Luck!!

I think you're trying to be too cheap. This coin has a mintage of under 70,000. If a space was made available for it in the Kennedy Coin Albums then this would easily be a $1000 coin. So far, for whatever reason, there has been very little demand for this scarce bugger and the prices have remained static. This will not always be the case because every coin has its day.

You're probably right about me being too cheap... I could kick myself for selling my SP70 for $450 a little while back. I was going to sell off all my Proof Kennedys, then decided to try to finish the set. Now I can't find a reasonable 69. Story of my life....

Musta kinda lookie like this un :) with out the dam nickels :)

52454-sp70_1.jpg

Agreed....this set packs quite a whallop!

Lotto bang fo the buck!