• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gold..................GOLD

10 posts in this topic

I bought a couple of common date liberty half eagles March 8: NGC MS-60 for $240 and PCGS AU-58 for $250. That's right at spot. How could I turn that down? They're good looking coins, particularly the 58, and at MELT!

I bought a couple of common date liberty half eagles March 8: NGC MS-60 for $240 and PCGS AU-58 for $250. That's right at spot. How could I turn that down? They're good looking coins, particularly the 58, and at MELT!

I'm jealous. :blush:

I did pick up 3 of the older 1/4 oz modern commems as well as both of the new eagle commems. I had to send the proof back since there was a large scratch on the obverse. Hopefully, I'll get the replacement w/o much hassle.

Oh, did I mention the 1811 $5 gold piece I'm expecting? :grin:

I'd sure as hell buy rare gold coins before I bought bullion, which follows the gold prices more accurately.

edited to add: maybe my sentence structure was wrong. since there's such a disparity of the price of gold to the price of rare gold coins, I would aim to acquire those at this point, as eventually, that gap will close. Buying bullion now, as gold is peaking, wouldn't be a good move...unless you think gold will be reaching 2K within the next couple of years.

A little bit of both. I try to grab old gold when there is a decent price but have scored well on $5 gold modern commems lately. Expecting 4 this week. :)

A little bit of both. I try to grab old gold when there is a decent price but have scored well on $5 gold modern commems lately. Expecting 4 this week. :)

Yeah, they are selling close to melt but they were as low as $115 each a few years ago.