• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hundreds of Krugerrands on e-bay

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed that one seller on e-bay seems to have hundreds and hundreds of Krugerrands that he is selling in 10 & 20 packs. He only has 109 transactions that have received feedback. If this guy sells all that he says he has, he will rake in hundreds of thousands of dollars this weekend. Would you send this guy a check for $8600 or $17000? What's to say he doesn't take the money and run. That's a lot of coin!

Or it could be a guy who bought a lot of gold and now wants out. This is a possibility to consider given the current environment. While his choice of methods for doing it are probably not the best, it could be perfectly normal. (just playing :devil: advocate)

I do not see any point in buying a bullion coin like that on eBay and I would certainly not condider buying 10 or 20 of them that way. I would buy from a firm like California Numismatic investments (a PNG dealer) or just drive to a local coin shop where I live.