• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the Registry a bad math student?

7 posts in this topic

I have 7 out of 13 coins in my Australian Lunar dollars set. Bully in his set "Four!" also has 7 out of 13 coins and the same score. My set shows as 50% complete and his shows as 58% complete. 7/13 is ~53.85%, so both are wrong.

I am not sure how that works but I do know that if somebody has the same score but one has more images that the one with more images will be ahead of the one with the same score but less images.

Could it be that the number of images and individual documentations are different?

i have noticed that you get better score for SET if you have description and pics for every coin you have so far in that said set.

That was my point except I used the word "documentation" for description. I don't know if you get any more points but if we have the same exact set and are in place 10 and I come in but have all images or more images than you then I will go to place 10 and tou will go to 11.

The problem here is that the number of descriptions and images you have does not effect the % complete (at least not in any other set). Also, we have the same number of descriptions at this point and neither of us have pictures. So, equal coin count, equal point value, equal number of descriptions, equal lack of images, EQUAL RANK, but his is 8% more "complete" than mine? Something seems to be off about the way the registry is calculating the % complete column. I also see other sets that are wrong like a 10/13 set showing up as 75%, close but no cigar.