• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So did anyone notice what Gold and Silver did?

5 posts in this topic

Gold broke $1000 briefly and then went back under. Silver, however, smashed through $20 and just kept on going. Last I looked, which was about 5 minutes ago, it was standing at $20.59! I couldn't believe it. With all my naysaying, it turns out I was wrong. I'm still bearish on it, and I don't think it will go to the crazy levels some are predicting, but I'm starting to realize that $25 might not be too unreasonable. So, does anyone else thing we are nearing the peak? Give me your thoughts.

Last December I had a discussion regarding this topic with a local B&M dealer and he asked me what I thought of each metal. In a rare moment of clarity I told him that I thought gold would be established at $975 or higher before spring and silver would be at $20 or higher, this was when gold was trading in the $820 range and silver in the $14 range. My fear at the time was that the $1,000 mark would be crested in early spring and that after some stiff resistance it would be conquered and another short-term run would follow. I like to have a certain percentage of both metals in-hand and think their downside risk is relatively little vs. their potential gains.

Last December I had a discussion regarding this topic with a local B&M dealer and he asked me what I thought of each metal. In a rare moment of clarity I told him that I thought gold would be established at $975 or higher before spring and silver would be at $20 or higher, this was when gold was trading in the $820 range and silver in the $14 range. My fear at the time was that the $1,000 mark would be crested in early spring and that after some stiff resistance it would be conquered and another short-term run would follow. I like to have a certain percentage of both metals in-hand and think their downside risk is relatively little vs. their potential gains.

(thumbs u (thumbs u :applause: (thumbs u (thumbs u

excellent EXCELLENT summation!!!!!

I agree: excellent summation!

I'm glad to see, Tom, that your moments of lucency are becoming more frequent. (thumbs u

But, then again, according to a Coin World article 2-3 years ago, all coin collectors and other "OCD" collectors suffer some form of mental illness, however slight. :insane: Hey, I can't contest that! Remember that I know most of you boardsters!! lol